The I hate 4kids forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The I hate 4kids forum

Lets kick that old dead horse by remembering why 4kids was such a lousy company, and why they deserved to go out of business.

+7
Sugarbears
MegaNumbers
Sexy Bitch
Areo51
Hidden Agenda
grimPontif
Admin
11 posters

Pokemon's dub

Admin
    Admin

Pokemon's dub - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon's dub

Post by Admin Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 pm

I believe so, yes. I think he mentioned working on some episodes of One Piece as well.
    NotRunningFromABully

Post by NotRunningFromABully Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Funny that he worked on the two most hated 4kids dubs. It's a good thing he's not directing Arc-V, or i hope not.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:50 pm

If he works on Arc-v then I will lose all hope for Yugioh.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 am

Yu-Gi-Oh is already a lost cause, the only hope that show has of ever being saved is if FUNimation heroically pulls another One Piece on us. If you want that to happen (which you should) start writing some letters.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:35 am

It got a bit better since 4kids kicked the bucket, but yeah, still not much hope for it unless FUNimation gets it. Too bad it's too late for my favorite series of Yugioh to be saved. FAR too late.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 am

Actually yes chronicles is One Piece level bad. Not only is it inconsistent with the characters names (they were actually mentioned back in Johto with different names), the script is poorly written, Sean Schemmel is clearly miscast here as the lead, and the editing is more excessive than usual. Oh and for some reason one of the Team Rocket members for the Raikou special was turned into a girl for some reason.
    NotRunningFromABully

Post by NotRunningFromABully Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Chronicles was better than Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:26 pm

He did not look like a girl, not even close. He's obviously a guy.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:51 pm

How the hell did he look like a girl, huh?
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 am

And how does his hair look like a girl's? Regardless of body type when you look at his face he is clearly a guy. Jimmy's voice was....decent. Not the best voice ever but better than a lot of the shitty voices we got from 4kids' dubs. Still could have been better.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:29 am

Ok two problems with him being a girl, 1. his Japanese voice is extremely deep sounding and 2. Maddie Blaustein stated prior to her death that 4kids did it on accident (which means they didn't do their research)
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:46 pm

No, even before I knew he was originally a guy I could tell. You look at the face style and it's totally obvious. And so what you're saying is if you have long hair, that automatically makes you a girl, is that it?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Monster wrote:I also like to present a scene in the Pokémon dub where 4Kids let a CURSE WORD be hinted that. You think they wouldn't have done this, but they did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rw1EsnvyAY

So what? Kids shows make jokes like that all the time, I could point out plenty of non 4kids shows with similar jokes. And yes I'm aware of the fact that 4kids has used this joke plenty of times, it's called the Last Second Word Swap or Curse Cut Short trope. You're also forgetting about the line in the Pikachu's jukebox song "what kind of Pokemon are you?" with the line about Muk kicking your "grass", which I'm told has been cut from later releases. Those sort of jokes aren't really that funny either, especially when it gets overused in their dubs. Point is that being edgy doesn't make them funny.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Put the phone on the hook with THIS one? that's a new one, I'll give you that. And I never said that 4kids avoids crude radar slipping humor in their shows, it's actually quite the opposite. 4kids loves to ADD their own naughty jokes into shows (making it a running gag in GXs dub that people often confuse the teachers gender comes to mind), but at the same time they'll censor crude humor if it's in the original. Point is they put naughty jokes into their shows, as long as the jokes are ones made by them. And since the script writers over at 4kids are probably the most unfunny people around, the jokes they add in (dirt or not) are simply not funny. Bad writing is bad writing no matter how you spin it.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:02 pm

No, I'm saying it's bad because it wasn't funny. Their jokes are corny, and the delivery is always bad with them.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Oh I'm sorry, do you somehow have the ability to read the minds of people across the internet? No, I'm saying it because I didn't find it funny. Comedy is very speculative, what one person will find hilarious, another will find unamusing. I don't find their jokes funny, if you like their jokes good for you (though I would have to say you have pretty bad taste in humor) but I don't find it funny. There's nothing funny about desert doo doo, btw you had better be laughing about that, because that line came from a 4kids dub.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 am