The I hate 4kids forum

Lets kick that old dead horse by remembering why 4kids was such a lousy company, and why they deserved to go out of business.


    Pokemon's dub

    Share
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:50 pm

    I find one thing 4kids did funny. Going out of busyness, now that's the funniest thing ever! You can't tell what we're thinking. You make that deadly obvious by the fact that you continue to say we're just pretending to hate the jokes and music just to be dicks. We mean every word we say. If FUNimation had those jokes in their dubs we'd hate them as much as we hate 4kids. Their shitty filler jokes are one of the many, MANY reasons we hated 4kids.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:21 pm

    I mean every word I say. I hate the jokes, the voice acting, the whole nine yards. I have every reason to hate them. They put forth no effort in the scripts. "Boss, we're short 29 minutes of dialogue for the episode" "Just throw in some shitty jokes, lame puns and American stereotypes. Would you mind handing me my joint?" I'm not making a federal case about hating 4kids you dip shit, how the hell did you get in college?(Oh right, you cheated) I'm making a federal case about a pedophilic, homicidal, mentally challenged whack job stalking people on the internet making sexual advances on total strangers and children, calling himself "God", threatening to murder anyone that doesn't agree with his dumbass.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:29 pm

    Alicia Banks wrote:One thing will be funny to me, YOU GOING OUT OF BUSINESS (this world). I can't wait for that to happen. You're obviously lying and doing it on purpose, particularly to get me riled up and you guys succeed all to well doing that and knowing how super enemies we are, you would of course want to lie which is why it's so easy to know just what you're THINKING so go get some brains and wake up. If Funimation had the jokes you would be LOVING THEM. Don't come at me with that nonsense. It's easy to say that now because of how things are but if they were different, it would be a whole other story. There is really no reason for you to hate 4Kids, other than some minor stuff but even that isn't worth making a whole federal case out of boy.

    Oh and Arrogant, I expect a reply from you from a comment above underneath yours from my MONSTER account that's hidden since you banned me. Don't ignore it please. Wink

    No I'm not lying, as Areo said, their music, theme songs (including Pokemon theme), writing, and voices all suck. But you did get one think right, I do like pissing you off, you make it so easy to do. And since you want me dead so badly, it'll please me knowing that you getting angry so easily will raise your blood pressure significantly enough that's I'll probably out live you. As for FUNimation being good if they did that stuff, no, I thought that they did a pretty bad job with DBZ back in the early days when they were known to add in their own bad jokes everywere, and I'm glad they got over that phase in favor of becoming the respectable dubbing company they are today.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 pm

    Retard wrote:And you have nothing against Funimation's dub of DBZ from back in the day. Don't you even lie and their dub of that show at the time was rather good. Wake up.

    Uh no, their old dub was pretty bad. On the other hand their dub of KAI was amazing, as well as the dub of the recent Battle of Gods film.
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:43 pm

    Like I'd believe that? You can't even fucking read right, let alone pass a damn test. Hell you say 4licensing is the same as 4kids. That's like saying FUNimation is the same as the NFL. That movie's out? I gotta see that.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:04 pm

    I should ask you the same question. Unlike you, I have a life. I have a girlfriend/fiancé that takes priority to all else. Something you'll never have. 4licencing is a SPORTS company, 4kids was a dubbing company, dumbass.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 pm

    Congrats Areo. As for you retard, remember when you thought 4chan was related to 4kids? Well they both tend to piss people off, both have the "4" in their name, and both have done some bad things, does that make them the same? No!
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 pm

    She's smarter than you and she could kick your ass before you could say "Zolo". And how many times must I say this, different profession, different name. Same workers and building or not, they are FAR from the same company.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 pm

    She'd eat your dumbass alive and make your bones into a necklace. Granted, changing your name doesn't change you, but you change your face along with it. You may act the same, but you're not who you were before. 4licensing is the polar opposite of 4kids. Different name, different face, different personality/profession even. 4kids is long since buried, get over it ya stupid little fanboy.

    Pedophile

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-03-17

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Pedophile on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:36 am

    Your lousy fiancé wouldn't do anything. I do the cannibalizing here, not that scrawny two-faced runt. And 4Licensing is technically 4Kids so eat snails you useless tuna melt and realize them apples. No matter how you try to spin it, THEY'RE 4KIDS UNDER A NEW NAME! Get over it.

    *****, I still want an answer from you on why the Pokémon 4Kids theme is bad and which characters had a bad voice. Ash, Misty, Brock, May, Max, Professor Oak, Tracey, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Jessie, James, Meowth, Delia, like come on now. Answer me. They all had nice voice thank you and 4Kids gave the show wonderful themes for all the years it's had it until Season 9 when it switched companies. Now you listen to each of these themes and tell me just what's wrong with them:

    Pokémon Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqk_3yo2v-Y
    Pokémon Season 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeIrbXOKYU
    Pokémon Season 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KS-gPD1KE
    Pokémon Season 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInwD3MD7_U
    Pokémon Season 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHJHrwD1z1g
    Pokémon Season 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5APQrryV-Q
    Pokémon Season 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pj9EwjNjw
    Pokémon Season 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtnhJhMOg1E

    Only a "choke that hoe" would hate these theme songs. These are pure gorgeous and just appealing. Season 1: a classic, a true tear-jerker and gem. Season 2: catchy, and that classic 1990s hip-hop style feel. Season 3: adventurous and full of friendship vibe. Season 4: fun and elevating. Season 5: good. Season 6: a new beginning and adventure feel, touching. Season 7: shit just got real. Season 8: who can not love those electric guitar flares?

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:44 am

    The reason I've been avoiding that question is because I've already said why in my review, but fine I'll explain it again. The theme songs Are just a bunch of overrated garbage that just scream "buy our products", the first song is guilty of constantly yelling the words "Pokemon" and "gotta catch 'em all" far too many times for my comfort. The 2nd them is 4kids trying to be hip by making a rap (which could even have been an early warning of just how bad they truly are at rap). The 3rd is probably the least annoying of them but still isn't nearly as catchy as the original. The 4th is just a rehash of the 1st theme (though to their credit, the Japanese version was using a remake of their 1st opening, so props to them doing the same, I guess). The 5th theme is just riddled with things to mock "No time to question my moves" no wonder Ash is always loosing "I stick to the path that I choose" and that path is a path of always being defeated "Me and my friends are gonna do it right" lies "You'll never see us run away from a fight" more lies, I can go on but you get the point. 6th theme is completely false, Ash never wants to be a hero, he just wants to be the champion, though he likely never will. as for the 7th theme, the starting lyrics say it all "Every Trainer has a choice To listen to that voice inside." said voice is probably one Ash should stop listening to, cause it keeps steering him in the wrong direction. as for the 8th theme, it's a pretentious, stuck up song were it claims Ash is "unbeatable" (which he clearly isn't) and that's the note 4kids left us on, and it sucked. On the Japanese side of things, their themes are almost always about the shows story, while also throwing in some in game references (IE mentioning some cities/towns in said regions, talking about some of the new in game features of each generation, etc...) that fit the show being an adaptation of the games. To be fair I don't like the themes TPCI creates either. Now as for the cast, I'll admit that I didn't mind the voices of every character (even 4kids sometimes manages to get a decent voice or 2 in their garbage), in fact I'll admit that I did enjoy Oaks voice, along with Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, and Jessie, however the rest I'll criticize. Ash was good at first, but his voice got increasing high pitched as the series continued, and became increasingly girly. Misty sounds way too bitchy (though I suppose that's a minor issue for her). Brock sounds too much like Kaiba. May and Delia sound too much alike, and it's obvious that both are voiced by the same person (are they really too cheap to hire different actors? They're headquartered in NYC, the aspiring actor city, there's no reason for them to have any trouble finding talent). Max was ok, but not that good. Tracey sounded really lame, came off as a total wiener. James thinks that because the character is kinda goofy, and sometimes dressing in girls outfits (as part of a disguise, might I add), lets make him sound like an offensive gay stereotype, also his acting in the episode were he had to let Weezing go was awful. And Meowth, were should I even start? Let's see, we have a character that isn't even supposed to be able to talk, yet somehow learned how by some miracle of luck, so I could understand if his ability to speak human language is a bit flawed, but giving him a Brooklyn accent is just insulting (they're implying that people from Brooklyn can't talk), if you wanna know how Meowth should have sounded, look up the character Maomolin from Ranma 1/2 (voiced by Double D from Ed, Edd n Eddy), that's what a talking cat should sound like. Happy now?
    avatar
    Areo51

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2015-02-16

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Areo51 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:01 pm

    They're not "4kids under a new name" 4kids went out of business two years before you started shit.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 pm

    Even before they went bankrupt, they stopped being relevant to the anime community before that, most of us stopped caring after they lost One Piece.

    Pedophile

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-03-17

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Pedophile on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm

    Areo51 wrote:They're not "4kids under a new name" 4kids went out of business two years before you started shit.

    They are "4Kids under a new name". Same building, same workers, same CEO (they kicked Al Khan out before the change and they were still under the name 4Kids). Get over it. 4Kids never went out of business. Them going out of business is them packing up and leaving and the building is abandoned or housed by totally new workings that wouldn't be called "4" anything. They're still in business, just not working with anime. Like duh. And I didn't start anything honey. The haters started all this shit being hateful as hell and I just came along to set their asses straight so get that fish on the hook and cook it cookie!

    Admin wrote:The reason I've been avoiding that question is because I've already said why in my review, but fine I'll explain it again.

    You never explained in your review why. Liar. You just said they sucked and left it at that. Of course your answers for everything here is absolute garbage as usual and clearly not bad to you. You're just making excuses now. "Well they're trying to promote stuff" like WHAT? You suck completely. Sit down. You're a failure at life and what it means to HATE something for an actual GOOD reason.

    Admin wrote: The theme songs Are just a bunch of overrated garbage that just scream "buy our products", the first song is guilty of constantly yelling the words "Pokemon" and "gotta catch 'em all" far too many times for my comfort.

    What a lame excuse. Regardless of what it's promoting, it's still a great theme song music, singing, and being meaningful. Hating things for all the wrong reasons like you're know for doing. How pathetic.

    Admin wrote:The 2nd them is 4kids trying to be hip by making a rap (which could even have been an early warning of just how bad they truly are at rap).

    What was wrong with the rap? Oh yeah, NOTHING. Just wanting to be a dick. If this was something of the Japanese version you wouldn't be complaining here so shut up.

    Admin wrote:The 5th theme is just riddled with things to mock "No time to question my moves" no wonder Ash is always loosing "I stick to the path that I choose" and that path is a path of always being defeated "Me and my friends are gonna do it right" lies "You'll never see us run away from a fight" more lies, I can go on but you get the point.

    No, I really don't get any point you try to make because it's all lies, lies, and more lies, and just you being a total asinine to what is clearly good to you but you don't want to give it the benefit of a doubt. Face it *****, you hate the edits and want to scream at other things being just so you can hate 4Kids so much than you need to. You couldn't admit to them doing anything right if it slapped you in the face.

    Admin wrote:6th theme is completely false, Ash never wants to be a hero, he just wants to be the champion, though he likely never will.

    It could be an expression dipshit. Why do you love taking things out of context? See, there you go, NITPICKING. Still doesn't make the theme song bad as it's very well put together and gorgeous.

    Admin wrote:as for the 7th theme, the starting lyrics say it all "Every Trainer has a choice To listen to that voice inside." said voice is probably one Ash should stop listening to, cause it keeps steering him in the wrong direction.

    Still a good theme song. It being a bit inaccurate doesn't make it a bad theme song you still couldn't like due to goodness of it.

    Admin wrote:as for the 8th theme, it's a pretentious, stuck up song were it claims Ash is "unbeatable" (which he clearly isn't) and that's the note 4kids left us on, and it sucked.

    You're nitpicking far too much at things. Give me some actual GREAT reasons to hate on these songs. All you did was make yourself look so foolish and make it clear there's no real beef here.

    Admin wrote:On the Japanese side of things, their themes are almost always about the shows story, while also throwing in some in game references (IE mentioning some cities/towns in said regions, talking about some of the new in game features of each generation, etc...) that fit the show being an adaptation of the games.

    In other words, the Japanese versions came first and that's why they're better and I'm just covering that up with all this baloney that I really couldn't care less if it was present in the themes. GOT IT! Wink

    Admin wrote:To be fair I don't like the themes TPCI creates either.

    I only cared for Season 10, Season 17, and 18, everything else just plain sucked. Not to mention they trimmed the themes down from where 4Kids had them running for. LAME.

    Admin wrote:Now as for the cast, I'll admit that I didn't mind the voices of every character (even 4kids sometimes manages to get a decent voice or 2 in their garbage)

    They always give great voices. Some one is in denial or is just deaf.

    Admin wrote:Ash was good at first, but his voice got increasing high pitched as the series continued, and became increasingly girly.

    This is flat-out lie and looks like you need to go back and watch the show. Ash's voice started out terrible as he sounded constipated. It got BETTER later on and his voice was deeper thank you. It did get higher during the first season but it dropped by the Advanced Generation series. He did not sound like a girl at all. You're only saying that because he's voiced by a woman. If it was a man giving the same voice you wouldn't even be talking about him having a girly voice.

    Admin wrote:Misty sounds way too bitchy (though I suppose that's a minor issue for her).

    Minor issue? How about not an issue at all? Misty is a bitchy character and always snapping at some one. It's totally fitting. Besides, it's not about how much of a bitch she was but the actual VOICE here *****.

    Admin wrote:Brock sounds too much like Kaiba.

    Brock came before Kaiba asshole. Can't hate a character for sounding like one that came AFTER him. And he didn't sound as sinister and slick as Kaiba did. Similar voices but different delivery.

    Admin wrote:May and Delia sound too much alike, and it's obvious that both are voiced by the same person (are they really too cheap to hire different actors? They're headquartered in NYC, the aspiring actor city, there's no reason for them to have any trouble finding talent).

    I'll let you slide with this because I also was bothered by this. Veronica should have given Delia a deeper voice or whatever because she did not sound mature enough and if she had, May's voice would have sounded more distinct from hers. May's voice was fine and Veronica was fitting for her so they did not need to get some one else. Perhaps they want to save money here and didn't want to hire some one else? Perhaps they did look around but Veronica beat them? Stop being so nonsensical.

    Admin wrote:Max was ok, but not that good.

    Max was great. Leave him alone. It was his replacement actor that was okay and not that good. Amy Birnbaum rocked the shit out of this little nerd.

    Admin wrote:Tracey sounded really lame, came off as a total wiener.

    Lies. Tracey sounded good and what does him being wiener have to do with his voice?

    \"Admin wrote:James thinks that because the character is kinda goofy, and sometimes dressing in girls outfits (as part of a disguise, might I add), lets make him sound like an offensive gay stereotype, also his acting in the episode were he had to let Weezing go was awful.

    Eric Stuart did exaggerate this part a lot later on and the voice was annoying. Perhaps he could have toned it down a bit, but I still liked it.

    Admin wrote:And Meowth, were should I even start? Let's see, we have a character that isn't even supposed to be able to talk, yet somehow learned how by some miracle of luck, so I could understand if his ability to speak human language is a bit flawed

    He learned how to talk. Did you not see his backstory episode? He taught himself to talk. Apparently any Pokémon can speak if they are taught to as they know how to say their names so why not be able to say other things? He did not just come out talking like that.

    Admin wrote:but giving him a Brooklyn accent is just insulting (they're implying that people from Brooklyn can't talk), if you wanna know how Meowth should have sounded, look up the character Maomolin from Ranma 1/2 (voiced by Double D from Ed, Edd n Eddy), that's what a talking cat should sound like.

    Implying people from Brooklyn can't speak? What? That doesn't even make any sense. They just gave him an accent to make him sound cool, nothing of it indicates Brooklyn people can't talk. Where did you get that fucked up logic from? And the voice sounded fine. It was cat-like and many fans love how he sounded, particularly Maddie Blaustein's performance over Nathan Price's and James Carthart.

    Admin wrote:Happy now?

    That you explained yourself, yes. But for the reasons you gave for your feelings? HELL NO.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:59 pm

    Well deal with it, this is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. And as for the part of Meowth learning to talk, yes he learned how, teaching yourself counts as learning how, not that it even matters, my point still stands that the accent was uncalled for.

    Pedophile

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-03-17

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Pedophile on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:21 pm

    Well your opinion is wrong and the Brooklyn accent on Meowth was very cool. Did you not seem to realize that perhaps Maddie has some Brookyln in her as she lived in New York after all and perhaps that would slip into the performance? An accent is not something one HAS to hide.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:23 pm

    She has gone on record (before her death) stating she did it on purpose. also not all New Yorkers have a Brooklyn accent, you're one yourself if I'm not mistaken, should I assume you have a Brooklyn accent? Who am I kidding, you probably sound like some sort of pussy.

    Pedophile

    Posts : 52
    Join date : 2015-03-17

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Pedophile on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:25 pm

    Okay, why are you bringing the whole state into this? We're just talking about New York City and the likelihood of Maddie coming from BROOKLYN. I of course don't have the accent since I'm not from Brooklyn so way to be stupid on that. And I sound better than you. You sound like five pussies rolled into one and neither one of them has been washed.

    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2015-02-12

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Admin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:30 pm

    I sound like 5 pussies that aren't ever washed, that makes no sense. by 5 pussies I assume you either mean pussy as in cats, or (more likely) pussy as a term for certain lady parts. If you mean the first, then I don't know what 5 cats would actually sound like since all they can say is "meow". And if you mean the other meaning, last I checked, those kind of pussies can't talk (though the owners of those pussies sure can, and they don't know how to stop) so they wouldn't have a voice at all. Next time use better insults.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pokemon's dub

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:03 pm