The I hate 4kids forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The I hate 4kids forum

Lets kick that old dead horse by remembering why 4kids was such a lousy company, and why they deserved to go out of business.

+2
Areo51
Admin
6 posters

the what if post

Admin
    Admin

the what if post - Page 2 Empty Re: the what if post

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:48 pm

You'd be surprised.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:52 pm

My point still stands though. They go down in history as possibly the only company that had a chance of surviving bankruptcy....and then just fucked themselves over and put themselves out of busyness like a bunch of stoners. In my book, that makes them the most idiotic company ever.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Some fans back in the days were even wondering who was more of an idiot between Al Kahn (while he was still in charge of 4kids) or George Bush... just kidding we all agreed on Al.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 pm

And nowadays we wonder who's a bigger idiot, Obama or Tammy Newborn. XD
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:05 pm

I'm gonna say Tammy.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Yeah, you're probably right there. At least Obama actually has a brain in that ugly head of his.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 pm

They just got out of bankruptcy and then when and killed their busyness. In other words, they won the lawsuit but still lost. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And it didn't matter if they had it done or not, they still didn't have the rights and they put themselves out of busyness.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:22 pm

I'd expect them to, oh, I don't know, DO AN ANIME THAT WOULDN'T GET THEM SUED AGAIN. But no, they had to push their luck.
    Pedophile

Post by Pedophile Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 am

That doesn't make any sense. It was too late for them to not go under. They owed Japan money and had to pay their lawyers. The best thing they could do was win the case and then revamp themselves.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:49 am

Well lucky for us (not you though), they didn't. Instead it backfired, and they went out of business. Though it's a shame that CA dub never came to be, I heard they even got Johnny Yong Bosch and Vic Mignogna to voice the leads.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Let me repeat, they WON the case and made it through bankruptcy. They could have easily built back up if they had used some common sense, but nope, they shot themselves down the rest of the way. Honestly, fucking up anime was one thing, but they were too stupid to do the one thing that could have kept the business from going under. Any company that stupid needed to die out.
    Pedophile

Post by Pedophile Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Admin wrote:Well lucky for us (not you though), they didn't. Instead it backfired, and they went out of business. Though it's a shame that CA dub never came to be, I heard they even got Johnny Yong Bosch and Vic Mignogna to voice the leads.

Actually it back fired on Japan because they thought they were going to win and push a non-4Kids dub out instead they lost and all the had work the LA crew did backfired. 4Kids may have gone under when it came to working with anime for the moment but they won three situations here: the case, the rights to keep the Yugioh license, and getting their Zexal dub aired on TV. Oh and Johnny and Vic weren't good fits as Yuma and Shark. Yuma's voice was too deep and just awkward.

Areo51 wrote:Let me repeat, they WON the case and made it through bankruptcy. They could have easily built back up if they had used some common sense, but nope, they shot themselves down the rest of the way.

How would they to build themselves back up? They were low on money animal! Did you think they could just grow it from trees or something? It doesn't work like that.

Areo51 wrote:Any company that stupid needed to die out.

Perhaps you should go in the mirror and tell yourself that.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Two words: Ninja Turtles.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Let me rephrase that, they had a chance of picking themselves back up after the lawsuit, but they blew that chance. You're right, even if they didn't release the film, they probably would have died anyway, because 4kids made stupid business plans.
    Pedophile

Post by Pedophile Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

So you're both being bitch saying they should have made their own TV series right off the bat to keep themselves going? ARE YOU STUPID? First off, they only CO-PRODUCED the Ninja turtles series, it wasn't something they totally owned completely. SECOND, that could have cost MONEY for them to make a new show, and that was not something they had at the moment to fucking put a lot towards making their own TV show. So, anymore bright ideas on what they could have done to save themselves? WELL?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm not some business genius, how should I know? What I do know is that they made a very foolish one by releasing something they had no right to release.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:43 pm

My point is, they did exactly what you DON'T do when you just got sued. As if they put a lot of money into anything anyways? Their dubs have 5 cent scripts and 2 cent humor. They could have made something new in a day with how much work they put into the shit they made.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Most of their money is wasted on making edits, and yet most of them still look sloppy.
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Admin wrote:Most of their money is wasted on making edits, and yet most of them still look sloppy.
    I don't think they even put much money in to that, to be honest. The edits had.....oh....I'd say about $10 put into them, judging by the quality. Some edits may have been worth $15-$25 but I think their max input was about $30 at best which is still shit.
    Pedophile

Post by Pedophile Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:16 am

Admin wrote:I'm not some business genius, how should I know?

Alright then so shut up.

Admin wrote:What I do know is that they made a very foolish one by releasing something they had no right to release.

And this contributed to their downfall how? The lawsuit over the rights was already in motion months before they released the movie.

Areo51 wrote:My point is, they did exactly what you DON'T do when you just got sued.

Well the need has been done so this is after the fact of them getting sued and shit. They can't go back in time and change things.

Areo51 wrote:As if they put a lot of money into anything anyways? Their dubs have 5 cent scripts and 2 cent humor. They could have made something new in a day with how much work they put into the shit they made.

You don't get it. They owed Japan millions of dollars, pay all the voice actors and other staff people that work for them which is another huge sack of money, and then there's their mortgage to keep the damn building and pay off it's bills. Like duh.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:59 am

some creep wrote:and then there's their mortgage to keep the damn building and pay off it's bills. Like duh.

Actually, I've been told that those things have long since been payed off. Seeing as the mortgage (I'm surprised you even know what that means) was probably payed back when they were successful with Pokemon, it's likely they didn't have that to worry about. And bills have never been an issue seeing as they still have plenty of cash reserve to afford to pay those small appliances off. Though you are right about the voices, I have heard that one of the few nice things they do is pay their voice actors generously, probably so they don't complain about the corny jokes they have to make constantly. Either way those expenses are an entirely separate budget from what was set aside for Japan. You have no idea how businesses work do you?
    Areo51
    Areo51

Post by Areo51 Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Exactly my point, they owed Japan millions. What they did only threw them farther into debt. Their chances of surviving were slim, but they had a chance, and what did they do? They threw it away. They decided to show just how stupid they could be and kill themselves. It's a wonder they didn't go out of business years before they did. They literally couldn't make a logical business decision to save their lives.
    Pedophile

Post by Pedophile Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:16 am

some melon head covered in Candyman's bees wrote:Actually, I've been told that those things have long since been payed off. Seeing as the mortgage (I'm surprised you even know what that means) was probably payed back when they were successful with Pokemon, it's likely they didn't have that to worry about.

Don't be fucking stupid. I may be "insane" and "brutal" but I know some words. After all, I made it to college thank you. I'm surprised your ass even made it there. How that's dumb so-called digital arts junk you're doing coming along? And who told you about 4Kids apparently not having to pay mortgage? Don't just go believing so quickly what some random person has said.

some melon head covered in Candyman's bees wrote:Though you are right about the voices, I have heard that one of the few nice things they do is pay their voice actors generously, probably so they don't complain about the corny jokes they have to make constantly.

I'm sure they loved the jokes. At least they're not spineless and dead like you to complain about them and think they're so "corny" when they're not.

some melon head covered in Candyman's bees wrote:Either way those expenses are an entirely separate budget from what was set aside for Japan. You have no idea how businesses work do you?

You suck major old person ass and tits do you? How the fuck do you know what the hell their budget is and shit? You're just assuming to make them look bad for your own benefit. You don't know when to stop talking nonsense and own up to the fact that 4Kids is not the bitch company you want to believe them to be mush nose.

Areo51 wrote:Exactly my point,

What point? You never had a point.

Areo51 wrote:they owed Japan millions. What they did only threw them farther into debt. Their chances of surviving were slim, but they had a chance, and what did they do? They threw it away. They decided to show just how stupid they could be and kill themselves.

How did they drag themselves further in debt? How did they throw it away? What did they do between the lawsuit and them becoming 4Licensing did they do with their left over money you apparently think was put to waste here? Talk sense.

Areo51 wrote:It's a wonder they didn't go out of business years before they did. They literally couldn't make a logical business decision to save their lives.

It's a bigger wonder how you're still living and breathing. You ought to lose the ability to save your own life and just join your aunt so she can beat your ass for hating on her so much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm